CIRMA, New Haven, CT
Position Overview back to top
CIRMA, the Connecticut Interlocal Risk Management Agency, is the leading municipal insurer in Connecticut. For nearly four decades we have empowered our members through financial stability and success. Our delivery of innovative, industry-leading products and services has made CIRMA Connecticut’s number one choice for Municipalities, Public School and Local Public Entities. CIRMA provides an unmatched alternative to the commercial insurance market by focusing on our members’ satisfaction and loss reduction through deep experience in claim and risk management. Our employees' commitment to excellence drives CIRMA's success. We, in turn, are committed to theirs.
CIRMA currently has an opening in our Finance department for an experienced Finance Manager. This position is responsible for the day to day operations of the Finance Department including financial statement reporting and staff supervision. A successful candidate will be able to analyze processes and procedures and transform them using technology to improve efficiency, accuracy, and compliance with internal and external requirements.
Qualifications back to top
- Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP and Statutory Accounting standards for insurance companies.
- Strong leadership and management skills with ability to lead and develop a team.
- Advanced MS Excel Skills.
- Proficient working with GL systems (Microsoft Dynamics GP preferred) and Statutory Accounting systems (Booke TCP software).
- Comprehensive knowledge of Statutory Reporting requirements including Schedule F, Schedule P and Schedule D.
- The ability to support working relationships with auditors, regulators, bankers, actuaries, vendors and consultants.
- Solid understanding of end to end business processes with understanding of industry best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration (CPA preferred).
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience including a mix of public accounting and private experience in the insurance industry.
- 2 or more years in a supervisory role (preferred).
Salary/Benefits back to top
CIRMA’S PHILOSOPHY IS TO PROVIDE EXEMPLARY COMPENSATION PACKAGES TO ITS EMPLOYEES. WE OFFER COMPETITIVE SALARIES AND COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGES, INCLUDING:
- Paid health, dental, life, vision and long-term disability insurance plans—some of the most competitive plans out there.
- Flexible schedules and healthy work/life balance—these are not just trendy buzz words at CIRMA.
- Generous 401 pension plan without employee contributions—we invest in you and your future.
- Paid vacation and holiday time / Tuition Reimbursement / Employer-paid staff develop & training programs—again, we care for and invest in one of our most valuable assets. You!