Risk Management Consultant
Risk Management Consultant
CIRMA, New Haven, CT
Position Overview back to top
The Connecticut Interlocal Risk Management Agency (CIRMA) is a Public Entity Risk Pool with expertise in the complex world of municipal and school district risk management. Over the past 38 years, CIRMA has been the premier market in providing Workers’ Compensation and Liability-Auto-Property insurance, along with our outstanding Risk Management Services, to Connecticut’s towns, schools, and local public agencies – “Helping Our Members to Build Safer & Better Communities to Live, Learn, & Work in”.
CIRMA is the leading, most trusted and strategic insurance and risk management partner for Connecticut cities, towns, school districts, and Local Public Agencies. Unlike most commercial insurers, CIRMA’s Board of Directors is comprised of a representative body of public officials from the Connecticut towns and cities that we insure. CIRMA works closely with our members, business partners and a network of strategic alliances helping to build safer communities, and empowering our members in managing their unique losses and exposures. We do this by utilizing superior technology in a data driven environment, offering innovative solutions and value-added products & services, all the while maintaining performance excellence.
CIRMA’s business model of Vision, Mission and Values contributes to our continued success and financial strength:
- Insuring 88% of Connecticut’s Cities, Towns, Schools and Local Public Agencies
- 98% in Member Retention
- $90M in Earned Premium
- In Excess of $402M in Assets
- $30M in Members’ Equity Distributions over the past 8 years
As a CIRMA Risk Management Consultant, you will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and skills in a collaborative work environment in cross-functional teams, contributing to the ongoing success of our members and organization. Following an Enterprise Risk Management approach, our consultants help our members to eliminate losses through Onsite Consultative Services, Regional & Online Training & Education and offering risk management solutions tailored for Connecticut municipalities. Strong communication and relationship building skills, coupled with analytical abilities are key in your success as a CIRMA Risk Management Consultant. Our consultants are member focused and are invested in helping the membership prioritize and sustain risk management as an organizational priority, thus making their communities better places to live, work and play.
Examples of Work (illustrative):
- Evaluates loss exposures in terms of past and potential frequency and severity and recommends optimum methods for reducing risk.
- Conduct assessments of municipal and school district buildings and property to identify exposures, and developing tailored risk management recommendations to address the hazard and reduce liability.
- Plans, coordinates and/or administers training programs based on member requests and organizational needs.
- Develops and presents stewardship reports to the membership in an effort to communicate emerging issues, trends, and loss drivers.
- Utilizes the enterprise risk management model to create tailored risk management recommendations based on data for members.
Qualifications back to top
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Professional certification is required within the first year of employment.
- Valid CT Driver’s License required.
- Experience working in, or with, municipalities and understanding Property & Casualty insurance lines are a plus.
- Ability to benchmark, measure and analyze loss trends.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – ability to develop and deliver presentations to individuals and groups.
- Develop and implement tailored risk management programs at all levels of executive management.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
Salary/Benefits back to top
CIRMA’s philosophy is to provide exemplary compensation packages to its employees. We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit packages including:
- Paid health, dental, life, vision and long-term disability insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Generous 401 pension plan without employee contributions
- Paid vacation and holiday time
- Tuition Reimbursement, including Employer-paid staff develop and training programs
- Flexible schedules and healthy work/life balance
- Company vehicle for risk management position