The Eighth Utilities District
Position Overview back to top
Candidate can work independently; assists Treasurer in accounting and financial functions; budgetary, revenue and expense, financial reporting and payroll services, cash management in an organized, timely and efficient manner. Provide high-quality service to customers.
Qualifications back to top
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; working toward CPFO preferred.
- Two-four years accounting experience in governmental entity or municipality. Knowledge of fund accounting is essential.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills required.
- Thoroughly knowledgeable with budgeting and management of finances and use of accounting principles.
- Experience with databases, effective use computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn new functions, systems; assist in development of others.
- Detail oriented, accurate, productive and flexible in fast-paced environment; frequent interruptions.
- Maintain high level professionalism, initiative, and motivation. Confident self-starter/multi-tasker; works well under deadlines.
- Ability to analyze, compare, and interpret facts and figures to make sound judgements.