First & Main
Please note, if you are using Chrome to view this website, you will need to scroll to view all of the content.
Four Simple Principles back to top
- Support locally-driven community revitalization
- Build vibrant, healthy, walkable towns and cities
- Create opportunities for everyone in America’s small and midsized communities
- Invest in infrastructure that creates lasting value
Who can Join? back to top
Any elected official who represents a rural community, tribal area, county, town, or midsized city who wants to ensure their voice is heard in Washington. Joining First & Main is free.
- Mayors and First Selectmen
- City or county councilmembers
- County executives
- Any elected local municipal leaders
The BluePrint back to top
Civic and elected leaders in these places see deep inequities in the health, transportation, and economic development outcomes that result from federal investments. Many smaller or midsized communities are too often left out, but even when investments do reach them, the benefits often fail to extend to everyone within their community.
To correct these disparities, local elected leaders from small and midsized American towns and cities have developed this new Blueprint to cross party lines and extend prosperity to their hometowns—and the people within them—that have been missing out or left behind.