Workshops for Newly Elected Officials
CCM hold workshops for newly elected municipal officials after the November elections, every other year.
Program Overview back to top
These workshops are provided as a free service to all newly elected officials in Connecticut.
The workshop sessions include presentations from recognized experts with lengthy experience covering three core local government subject areas:
- Fundamentals of Municipal Government
- Budget and Fiscal Management
The subject matter is covered in three rotating sessions so that all attendees — new municipal CEOs, new Council members, and new Board of Finance members — receive tailored comprehensive training in each of these critical areas of municipal government.
Who Should Attend? back to top
- Mayors/First Selectmen
- Boards of Finance
- Local Legislators
Why Should You Attend? back to top
- Learn the basics to get you started in municipal governance in Connecticut
- Receive the most current state budget information and its impact on your community
- Receive the current General Assembly Forecast
- Learn about unfunded state mandates and their impact on your town’s ability to provide services, fend off property tax increases, and stabilize your workforce
- Learn how CCM can help you and your municipality
- Receive credits toward becoming a Certified Connecticut Municipal Official (CCMO), CCM’s newest accreditation process for municipal officials and employees