Site Slogan

What can we help you with today?

Coordinator of Major Projects and Records

Municipal/State/Federal Openings

Coordinator of Major Projects and Records

Stamford, CT

Posting Date: December 15, 2020
Closing Date: Until filled

Position Overview back to top

JOB SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Chief Building Official, performs supervisory and administrative work in inspection and permit issuance as well as enforcement of local and state laws concerning the construction, alteration and demolition of Major Projects and structures; and manages the storage and archival process of department records related to such projects. The Coordinator of Major Projects and Records is authorized to serve as an acting Chief Building Official during his/her absence.

Qualifications back to top

MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Graduation from an accredited university with a degree in architecture/engineering and seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in the field of building construction and/or building inspection. Four (4) or more years of experience as a Plan Examiner and at least two (2) years shall have been in a supervisory capacity or an equivalent combination of relevant education, training and experience.

SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: At time of appointment, possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license and a State of Connecticut Assistant Building Official’s Certification. Registration as an architect/professional engineer in Connecticut is preferred. Applicants must submit a copy of the certification at the time of application.

SCOPE OF EXAMINATION: There will not be a written examination. Applicants will be ranked according to their education, training and experience. Applicants are required to complete the application form and supplement, listing all related degrees, training and work experience.

How to Apply back to top

FILING REQUIREMENTS: A completed “City of Stamford Application for Examination or Employment” and “Application Supplement 20-36”. Position is open until filled. Applications can be obtained at